How To Catch Endless 20+ Inch Speckled Trout (Without Live Bait)
If you want to see our trick to getting the big (20+ inch) trout to bite, then you’re going to love this video!
We’re targeting large speckled trout on the flats using nothing but two artificial lures, some custom scent, and long casts.
We had nonstop action and you’ll discover:
- The types of fishing spots that hold these big trout in the spring
- The best color lures to use (and what scent to put on them to make them irresistible to fish)
- A weird trick to get tangles and bird’s nests out
- Why spring is one of the best times to catch gator trout
- And even some conservation tips
If you love catching big trout, then you’re going to love this LIVE on the water episode.
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I definitely recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Catching Endless 20″ Trout [VIDEO]
Catching Endless 20″ Trout [PODCAST]
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
- UNIQUE REDFISH & TROUT RIGS (THAT ARE UNDERRATED BUT WORK GREAT)
- Leader: 20 & 30 lb. Ande Mono
- Scent: Dr. Juice
- Boat: Pathfinder 2400 TRS
Here’s a timestamped table of contents from our trip catching lots of 20″+ trout:
0:16 – Why Dr. Juice works so well
1:19 – What the fishing conditions are like for this trip
2:01 – First nice fish of the video!
2:27 – How to net a fish
- How To Properly Net A Fish That You Plan To Release
- The Future Of Gator Trout – Introducing The Release Over 20″ Initiative
5:31 – What equipment we were using to catch these trout (see note above for links)
6:27 – A little tip to catch fish when you’re fishing with a partner
7:26 – The type of spot we were fishing during this trip
10:42 – What to do if trout start swimming right toward you (this will help increase your hookup ratio)
13:48 – Another nice trout and the precise spot I caught it in
17:03 – A weird trick to get bird’s nests and tangles out
19:06 – Why we love spring trout fishing
26:30 – An interesting fact about how trout change colors depending on where they are
27:34 – How to tell if you’re getting into puffer fish
28:06 – How to have nonstop action days like this yourself
What an awesome trip!
Springtime trout fishing is hard to beat in terms of both quality AND quantity of fish.
Have any questions about how to catch endless trout in the spring?
Let us know down in the comments!
You can get the lures and scent we were using here:
And if you want to see exactly where we were fishing and why, join us in the Insider Club!
You’ll also get up to 20% off all of the products in our online tackle store.
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: