Flounder Fishing Tips (For The Flats)
It’s flounder time!
Want to catch more of these delicious flatties?
Then you’ve got to see this video!
I’m with Salt Strong Fishing Coaches Luke and Wyatt, and we’re talking all about how to catch more inshore flounder from Texas to Florida to North Carolina.
This is the last month of the season so the goal is to:
- Help you finish strong and maybe even bring home a few flatties for Christmas Dinner (we kick the video off with what’s working right now).
- Give you something to study in the winter offseason so you can have a fantastic 2021 full of fat flounder.
Here’s a little preview of what we covered:
- The best tides to catch flounder (and why this is different depending on where you live)
- Which lure Wyatt has caught 90% of his flounder on this fall
- Where to find flounder in the fall and spring as they’re in their transition periods (they’re also very HUNGRY during these times!)
- The truth about using bucktail jigs for flounder
- And much more
How To Catch Inshore Flounder [VIDEO]
How To Catch Inshore Flounder [PODCAST]
- FLOUNDER FISHING (BEST SPOTS, LURES, TIPS, & RIGGING FOR MORE FLOUNDER)
- PADDLETAILS VS SPLIT TAILS (BEST COLORS, SIZES, RIGGING, & MORE)
Here’s a timestamped table of contents from my conversation with the Salt Strong Fishing Coaches about catching flounder:
2:45 – Where to catch flounder in late fall and early winter
3:55 – The best lure to catch flounder (and how to rig it)
6:54 – How deep we’re catching flounder
10:26 – How to catch flounder on Florida’s Gulf Coast
11:50 – How to catch flounder on Florida’s Atlantic Coast
14:10 – When the best time of year to catch flounder is in the Mid Atlantic
17:42 – Why CCA is suing the state of North Carolina for coastal fisheries mismanagement
19:30 – Best tides to catch flounder
23:33 – How to position your kayak when fishing creek mouths
29:36 – Catching flounder on bucktails
38:34 – The truth about how aggressive flounder are
41:44 – How to catch flounder along Florida’s Space Coast
44:20 – An update on the upcoming secret shrimp lure
48:40 – A sneak preview of the upcoming flounder mini-course
All this talk about flounder is making me hungry!
From the best lures to the best tides, I hope these tips will help you catch a few more inshore flounder before they migrate to their nearshore winter homes.
If you’re an Insider, keep an eye out on courses page for the new flounder mini-course (coming soon).
And if you’re not an Insider, come join us!
You’ll get access to the Flounder Mini-Course, all of our other mini-courses (including world-record holder, Capt. Peter Deeks’ Trophy Redfish Mini-Course), discounts to our online tackle store, access to our fishing coaches and 18,000-member community, and our best fishing spots and tips.
Click here to join us in the Insider Club.
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: