The 20-Year-Old Fishing Captain Making A Big Splash!
By: Joseph Simonds on December 20, 2019
What were you doing at 20 years old?
Personally, I was still in school, trying to figure my life out, doing too much messing around, and not enough fishing.
Can you relate?
That wasn’t the case with Capt. Max McKinley.
This guy started guiding full-time as a 20-year-old and got recruited to go guide in Louisiana when he was just 21!
And the wild part is that he didn’t come from a family of fishermen.
In fact, his parents aren’t big into fishing at all!
In this podcast interview, Capt. Max McKinley talks about:
- Being the new kid on the block in a new fishery (where most guides are 2-3x your age)
- Why he’s taking a break from social media (and what he’s doing instead)
- His favorite lures
- Where to find big fish
- The truth about being a fishing guide (is it really all butterflies and rainbows?)
And much more!
Capt. Max McKinley, The 20-Year-Old Guide [PODCAST]
- Tips For Inshore Gag Grouper & Quick Ways To Know If A Flat Has Redfish
- How To Get Paid To Fish In College (Legally) With Tyler Anderson
Sunset Topwater & Dock Lights Fishing [VIDEO]
Loving the sunset topwater bite and dock lights fishing combination!
What an impressive young man!
I don’t know too many 20-year-olds who are already living out their dream job…
Have any questions about Capt. Max and his journey?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who would love to be a fishing guide, or make a living in the fishing world, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to the best fishing spots, tips, and exclusive gear and discounts? Click here to join us and +10,000 other anglers in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).