The Secret To Fishing Remote Areas Nobody Else Can Reach [Mothership Trip]
By: Luke Simonds on March 14, 2019
Dead low tide is one of my favorite times to fish.
Because it consolidates the fish into smaller areas.
When there’s only a foot of water on a flat, you know that most fish are going to be hanging out in the deeper potholes or creeks.
But there’s a catch.
When there’s only a foot of water on a flat, you can’t reach those areas by boat!
The solution to this is a mothership trip.
Mothership trips are when you take your kayak or paddleboard out on the boat with you.
You’re able to drive your boat to areas too far to paddle, and then you can paddle to areas too shallow for boats.
This lets you get on the shallow flats to those potholes and creeks that all the fish are in.
Plus, since few people do mothership trips, you’re likely to have these potholes all to yourself.
How To Execute A Mothership Trip
Check out this video for tips on how to perfectly execute a mothership trip.
- How to anchor your boat so it doesn’t float away (many people will make this simple mistake)
- What we were using to catch snook, redfish and trout
- The trends we identified to find the feeding zones
- How mothership trips allow you to find more fish (besides fishing areas nobody else can fish)
Mothership Trip [VIDEO]
For more in-depth videos where we detail our whole pre-trip planning and share what used and where we were, check out our SUPER-Community.
- Kayak: Old Town Topwater PDL
- SUP: 10’3″ L x 28″ W Old Sup made by Starboard
- Boat: 23′ Key West Bay Reef
- Tactics/Strategies: Used proven Finding Spots Mastery recipe along with latest trends that are provided in the SUPER Community platform
What did you think?
Have you gone on a mothership trip before?
Let us know about your experiences in the comments below!
P.S. know somebody who would like this article? TAG or SHARE this with them!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).