How To Sight Fish Big Trout From A Kayak Or Paddleboard
By: Tony Acevedo on May 22, 2020
Sight fishing is my favorite way to catch fish…
I love quietly poling along shallow flats, hunting for big redfish or trout.
It’s such a rush when you finally find them, pitch your lure, and watch them eat!
In this video, I’m going to show you exactly how I do it, plus give you some tips on how to do this while standing in your kayak or paddleboard.
- Where fish are holding in shallow flats
- How to make sight fishing easy when you’re in your kayak or paddleboard
- And what my favorite lures for sight fishing are
Check it out below!
Sight Fishing Big Trout On The Flats [VIDEO]
When sight fishing on the flats, look for fish along where the grass and sand meet.
They like to hide in these transition areas and ambush unsuspecting baitfish.
If you’re standing in a kayak or paddleboard, you need a way to quickly set your paddle down and pick up your rod to cast to the fish once you see them.
I’ve created a little paddle holster that allows me to put my paddle up without ever taking my eyes off of the fish.
Click here to see how to make your own paddle holster.
And finally, if you’re fishing in calm, clear waters like I was, you want to use a stealthy lure.
Loud lures, like topwater lures, or even lures that give off a lot of vibration, like paddletails, might spook off fish in these situations.
I like to use a jerk shad, like the Gulp jerk shad or our new lure, the Alabama Leprechaun.
You can get a pack of Alabama Leprechauns here.
Have any questions about sight fishing on the flats?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who wants to catch more fish while sight fishing, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. To see exactly where I was fishing on the map, and see all of our other spots, click here to join us in the Insider Club.
Stop Wasting Your Valuable Time On The Water!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing exactly where you should fish ever trip
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in your area
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- 20% OFF ALL of your fishing tackle (rods, reels, line, lures, and more from ALL of the biggest brands in America)