Spring Speckled Trout: Best Lures, Spots, & Lure Retrieval Methods
Want to know the best strategy for catching tons of trout right now?
Spring is upon us and the speckled trout are fired up and feeding aggressively!
And your hook-up rate could be dramatically increased if you know what to look for on the water, what lures to use, and of course, how to use them.
So in this video, you’ll learn how to:
- Pick the best tackle for springtime trout
- Find the most productive spots for feeding fish
- Retrieve your lures like a pro
- And much more
Check it out below!
Catch Endless Speckled Trout Right Now [VIDEO]
We’ve had a lot of success catching trout so far this spring with some of our favorite tackle here:
- The Slam Shady Paddletail
- Alabama Leprechaun Jerk Bait
- Owner TwistLock Weighted Hooks
- Z-Man Trout Eye Jighead
- Gulp! Saltwater Jerk Shad
- Heddon Super Spook Jr. Topwater
- Mirrodine Suspending Twitchbait
Note: If you find an item out of stock in our tackle shop, please sign up for notifications and you’ll be the first to know when we have it back in inventory!
Here’s a timestamped look at our conversation:
- 1:08 – What lures are working for spring trout
- 3:35 – When to change up your lure
- 5:32 – The best-sized lure for each scenario
- 7:41 – Clean water lure vs. dirty water lure
- 8:45 – How the time of day plays into which lure to choose
- 9:41 – What to do when you see larger baitfish
- 10:54 – Imagine it’s tournament day: what do you bring
- 12:21 – East coast jerk shads vs. west coast paddletails
- 15:23 – Retrieval methods
- 16:36 – Biggest topwater retrieval mistake
- 19:05 – Behaviors of trout underwater – Pa Pow!
- 22:51 – When to change up your retrieval method
- 24:20 – The importance of retrieving your lure ALL of the way back to you
- 27:56 – Put down your phone and pay attention
- 30:08 – Remember the 90/10 Rule
- 31:15 – Assessing baitfish behavior
- 33:02 – Do your research and plan your trip with satellite maps
- 36:41 – Where to look for water flow
- 40:18 – Look for these specific birds to find fish
- 43:23 – Here’s a little secret to finding trout
It’s true, trout are visual predators…
So, if you want to have a chance at catching them, you’d better know which lures and tactics work best.
And where to find them!
Do you need help with picking the right spots to find trout right now?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who is targeting speckled trout this spring, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: