Aqua Dream Spoon Vs. Johnson Silver Minnow [Experiment Results]
It’s Saturday morning and you’re heading out to your favorite honey hole…
It’s got mangrove islands, seagrass and an oyster bar where you can always find hungry redfish and snook.
Of course, you don’t want to get snagged, so you want to use a weedless spoon.
Which spoon are you choosing?
The Aqua Dream or the Johnson Silver Minnow?
To help you decide, I put together this lure experiment.
I rigged up each of these spoons on identical setups (same rod, reel, line and leader) and over three trips I would cast each one three times and then switch to the other.
Want to know which spoon performed best?
Check out the video below for the results.
Note: We are not affiliated with any spoon or other lure company, so you can be sure this is a totally unbiased review.
Aqua Dream Spoon vs. Johnson Silver Minnow
Here are how these two lures stack up against one another based on what I saw and felt during the 3 days of testing:
Total Catches: Advantage: Aqua Dream
Casting Distance: Slight advantage to Silver Minnow (most differences came when having to cast into the wind)
Skip-ability: Advantage: Silver Minnow
Vibration: The Silver Minnow puts out more vibration, which I would say is a positive in cloudy water, but it’s a negative in clear water.
Twist Factor: Advantage to Silver Minnow. The Silver Minnow seemed to twist the line a little bit less than the Aqua Dream.
Both spoons work well and can catch fish!
When I first got into fishing I was so concerned about which lure to use.
I was constantly wasting money buying new lures and wasting time switching them while I was out on the water.
But an experiment like this that proves you can catch fish with a number of different lures, so the most important thing is to find the feeding zones!
Now here are my questions to you:
Have you experienced different results than I have with these two lures?
Or found a certain situation where one of them really performs well?
Have any suggestions for making this a more accurate test?
Let me know in the comments below!
The benefit of us being funded by the Insider Club (and not brand sponsorships) is that we have the freedom to do these tests and give you unbiased feedback and recommendations.
- Test Lure 1: Aqua Dream Spoon– 1/4th oz
- Test Lure 2: Johnson Silver Minnow – 1/4th oz
- Rod: Toadfish – 7’2″
- Reel: Florida Fishing Products Osprey – 2500
- Line (Mainline): PowerPro Slick – 10lb
- Leader: Ande Monofilament – 30lb
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- How To Retrieve A Weedless Spoon To Get More Strikes [Case Study]
- How To Rig Shrimp On A Jig-Head Like A PRO (VIDEO)
- The Best Lures For Redfish [Answer With Video Proof]
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: