Best Fishing Lure Size (For Different Depths, Seasons, Etc)
By: Joseph Simonds on September 27, 2019
How do you select which size fishing lure to use?
Is there a “perfect” size?
We’ve been getting questions like this a lot recently, so I decided to bring Luke and Tony on the podcast and really dive into it.
- Luke’s go-to lure size for each season
- The best lures to use if the water is clear or the fish are spooky (and what to never use)
- What’s more important: color vs. size
- How to catch fish on the days when they “just don’t want to bite”
- What size you should be using if you want to catch BIG redfish
- And what’s actually more important than trying to find the “perfect lure”
If you’ve ever had any trouble choosing which lure to use and when, this episode is a must-listen.
Best Fishing Lure Size [VIDEO]
Best Fishing Lure Size [PODCAST]
- The #1 Saltwater Fishing Lure Of All Time
- Smart Fishing Spots: A Shortcut To Finding New Inshore Honey Holes
Win A Fishing Trip With Us!
One of the most frequently asked questions we get is, “How can I go fishing with you guys?”
Well, here’s your opportunity!
If you want to win a FREE fishing trip with us for you and a guest, all you have to do is:
- Leave the Salt Strong podcast a review on iTunes
- Take a screenshot
- Send your screenshot to email@example.com with the subject line, “Podcast Review”
This contest is only open until the end of September 2019, so get your reviews in asap!
When it comes to choosing what size lure to use, the best strategy is to match the hatch.
Typically in the winter and spring, baitfish are smallest, so we use 3-4″ lures.
In late summer and fall, the baitfish are at their biggest, so we normally bump it up to a 4-5″ lure.
If you follow these simple rules, and maybe adjust the size up or down if you aren’t getting bites and see different size baitfish, then you can focus on the most important thing: finding feeding fish.
Even if you throw the perfect size lure in the most enticing color, if there are no fish in the area, you won’t catch any.
So if you want access to thousands of proven local fishing spots, a network of over 8,000 anglers, and updates on what and where the fish are biting now, join us in the Insider Club.
P.S. Know someone who is struggling with choosing the right size lure? TAG or SHARE this with them!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).