How To Catch Snook Off The Beach During The Summer
It’s snook time!
Catching snook from the shoreline during the summer is so underrated.
This is a great way to get your toes in the sand and snook on the end of your line!
So in this video, you’ll learn:
- The best times and tides to fish for snook from the beach
- How to position yourself for more hook-ups
- What lures you must have to beach fish for snook
- Presentation and retrieval tactics
- Spots to focus on to find more snook off the beach
Check it out below!
Catching Snook From The Beach [VIDEO]
We reviewed a ton of information so here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:44 – One of the most underrated ways to catch snook
- 1:28 – Unique time of year
- 1:56 – Much easier to catch these snook from the beach (not in a boat)
- 2:28 – The best time to go catch snook from the beach
- 3:24 – Best beach tides to fish for snook
- 4:02 – You’d be surprised how little water snook need to feed in the surf
- 4:45 – Incoming vs. outgoing tide (which one is better for snook?)
- 5:28 – Positioning on the beach to cast for snook
- 6:39 – If the water hits your toes, do this!
- 7:40 – This is how far you need to be from where the snook are feeding
- 8:02 – Best lures to use when fishing for snook on the beach
- 9:07 – Use this lure to start
- 10:15 – Choose your Slam Shady wisely based on the size profile of baitfish
- 10:49 – Start with this retrieve and presentation
- 12:04 – Best jerk shad to use for snook on the beach
- 14:41 – Weedless setup for beach fishing
- 17:24 – Make sure you use this line size if you want to land snook
- 18:02 – One trick for not spooking snook
- 19:10 – Tie this knot to connect your leaders (Here’s how to tie the blood knot)
- 20:12 – Keep this lure in your back pocket
- 22:12 – Here’s another lure you should try (and why)
- 23:36 – It’s not fancy but this lure catches big snook
- 25:39 – Conditions to use each lure
- 26:42 – Use the gear you’ve got and catch a snook on the beach
- 28:03 – What lb test braid you need for catching snook at the beach
- 28:23 – Fish around this spot where snook will congregate
- 30:01 – It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
Here are the best lures and hooks to use when sight fishing for snook:
- Slam Shady Paddletail
- Slam Shady Jerk Shadz
- Trout Eye Jig Head
- Johnson Silver Minnow Spoon
- Aqua Dream Spoon
- Mirrolure Mirrodine
- SPRO Bucktail Jig
- Texas Eye Jig Head (For when you see heavy weeds or grass in the surf.)
No shoes, no boat, no problem!
You don’t need any special gear or fancy lures to target snook on the beach.
But you’ll want to know when to go, what to bring, and where to focus your time if you want to catch a snook in the surf.
Have any questions about beach fishing for snook?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants to target snook on the beach this summer, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: