Flounder & Fluke Fishing Tips, Rigs, & Stories With John Skinner
We’ve got John Skinner on the podcast today talking flounder and fluke fishing tips!
Flounder, or Fluke as they are called up North, are flat fish that cruise the bottom of the ocean in search of food scraps or crustaceans they can eat.
There are different tactics and lures to use to specifically target Fluke, especially during the summer months.
If you want to catch more keeper Fluke this summer, then you have to listen to this episode!
We’ve got you covered below!!!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Flounder & Fluke Fishing Tips [PODCAST]
- FLUKE FISHING MASTERY (WITH JOHN SKINNER)
- 10 REASONS TO ALWAYS HAVE A BUCKTAIL JIG IN YOUR TACKLE BAG
Here is a timestamped version of this EPIC episode:
- 1:30 – Flounder & Fluke Fishing with John Skinner
- 3:13 – Insider Community Question
- 4:24 – Northeast Summer Fluke (Flounder)
- 6:09 – Seasonal progression
- 7:13 – Depths
- 8:26 – Gulf Coast Flounder
- 11:58 – Main Differences Between Flounder/Fluke Species
- 13:41 – How To Choose Fluke Fishing Spots
- 16:42 – Go-To Confidence Lure for Fluke
- 18:35 – Artificial Shrimp Lures
- 20:19 – Power Prawn U.S.A. + Dr. Juice Scent
- 21:21 – Scented VS. Unscented Lures
- 23:11 – Artificial Lures
- 27:43 – Snap Jigging
- 29:54 – Trolling Motors
- 32:23 – Weather Conditions
- 33:56 – What do you do on Tough Fishing Days?
- 40:06 – Memorable Fishing Story
- 42:52 – Favorite Florida Species to Target
- 45:09 – Fishing Courses & Books
Flounder & Fluke Fishing Tips [VIDEO]
Now is an EXCELLENT time of year to start targeting Fluke up in the Northeast!
The oceans are starting to heat up and those doormat Fluke are creeping into the bays and sounds.
To learn more about John Skinner, check him out on his YouTube channel.
Or you can check out his Fluke, Striped Bass, and Bucktail Jig Mastery Courses!
Do you have any more questions about flounder and fluke fishing tips?
Let us know what you think down below!
If you know someone who wants to learn more about flounder and fluke fishing tips, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
Oh, and by the way, want FREE access to Smart Fishing Spots? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: