What The Best Type Of Pier To Fish Is (And Catch More Fish)
It’s pier fishing time!
Pier fishing has been around for ages and is one of the most effective ways to get tight lines without a boat. However, not all piers are created equal.
So in this episode, we break down pier tactics, which piers are best for certain situations, and how to make the best of pier fishing during the summer months.
Pier Fishing Tactics [VIDEO]
Pier Fishing Tactics [PODCAST]
- HOW TO QUICKLY FIND INSHORE FISHING SPOTS (BASED ON TIDES & WIND)
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
Here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 2:38 – This is one of the biggest pier fishing mistakes
- 5:12 – To set your rod down or not to?
- 5:40 – Inland vs. beach piers
- 7:20 – Think about these things when gearing up for pier fishing
- 8:26 – Easiest type of pier to fish on (and catch fish)
- 9:45 – Try this for a more relaxed pier fishing experience
- 12:26 – Do not say this word
- 13:20 – Beach pier fishing species to target
- 16:39 – Make sure you do this before you go pier fishing
- 18:48 – Catching a tarpon on the pier (what do you do?)
- 22:15 – Seasonality of beach pier fishing
- 22:40 – Inland pier fishing seasons
- 23:34 – Leader line to use when pier fishing
- 25:05 – Luke’s recommendation for an easy setup
- 27:11 – Catching baitfish to engage kids
- 28:01 – Where to cast when pier fishing
- 29:33 – Here is the biggest rig mistake for pier fishing
- 31:40 – How many rods do you really need?
- 33:07 – Your two go-to setups for pier fishing
- 35:56 – Four lures you must have for the pier
- 41:55 – Technique for pier fishing to catch a ton of fish
- 43:50 – Taking kids fishing on a pier
- 44:47 – What side of the pier should you fish from?
- 46:44 – The new FWC Florida pier locator (Learn how to use the FWC pier finder here)
- 47:34 – Best types of piers to fish during the summer
- 49:31 – Piers near inlets and passes
- 52:14 – Fishing around marinas and Joe’s pet snook
There are certain types of piers that are better for different seasons and migrations of fish.
And a beach pier offers a totally different experience than inland piers.
So, you just have to decide what is a better fit for you and make sure you bring the right gear for the situation!
Have any questions about fishing on piers this summer?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who loves to pier fish, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: