How To Maximize Your Fishing Time In The Florida Keys (Pro Tips)
By: Joe Simonds on August 2, 2019
Ahh, the Florida Keys…
There’s nothing like cruising down to the keys and getting that first glimpse of tropical blue water.
You’ve got lobster mini-season, lobster season, bonefish, permit, tarpon, and the Everglades, not to mention the world-class offshore fishing down there.
The only thing is, tons of other people are thinking the same thing as you!
A question that we often get is, “My family and I are going down to the keys…how do I get on some fish? Should I bring my boat? Who are the best guides down there?”
It can be crowded and there are tons of ways your trip could go not as planned.
So, we brought back the crowd-favorite Capt. Mark “Hollywood” Johnson from FloridaKeysFunFishing.com to talk to us about making the most of our Florida Keys fishing time.
He goes season by season and outlines what to fish for, what to use, and where to go.
Of course, we cover fishing, but we also cover the logistics like:
- Where to keep your boat
- Where to get the best sandwiches
- Who the best guides are
- The best times of year to go (if you want to avoid crowds and traffic)
- And unexpected surprises to look out for (like the yearly shrimp shortage).
If you’re taking a trip down to the Keys, you definitely want to listen to this first.
Maximize Your Fishing Time In The Keys [VIDEO]
Maximize Your Fishing Time In The Keys [PODCAST]
Want more Capt. Mark?
Check out some of his videos below:
- The #1 Top Selling Saltwater Fishing Boat In America…[PODCAST]
- How To Anchor A Boat (And Avoid These Common Anchoring Mistakes)
- How To Dock Your Boat The Quick & Easy Way
- 10 Essential Boating Items Every Fisherman Needs
- How To Rig Shrimp On A Jig-Head Like A PRO (VIDEO)
- The Ultimate Spanish Mackerel Rig (Catches Mackerel Anywhere)
- How To Pick Out The Best Jig Heads (In A Busy Tackle Store)
If you’re heading down to the Keys and want to go out with an experienced guide, definitely give Capt. Mark and Florida Keys Fun Fishing a call!
You can contact them below:
- Their website at FloridaKeysFunFishing.com
- On Instagram
- On Facebook
- Or give them a call at (305) 393-8670
Have any other questions about planning your trip down to the Keys?
Let us know in the comments below!
And if you know anyone who is looking to plan a trip down there, TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. If you want to get the best fishing spots down there and catch a ton of fish, join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).