Fish Scent Battle (Pro-Cure vs New Custom Inshore Scent)
Do you ever put Pro-Cure on your lures?
If you don’t, let me ask you this…
Did you know that dogs have a sense of smell more than 10,000 times greater than humans do… and fish have a sense of smell more than 1,000 times better than dogs?!
Since their sense of smell is so strong, we’re on a mission to find the best scent to put on your lures to maximize the amount of fish you catch.
Pro-Cure is the existing industry leader, but we’re testing out a new scent to see how they compare.
In this LIVE video, we’re pitting these two head to head as we fish docks for snook, grouper, and jack crevalle.
The contest was a landslide… just not in the way I expected it to be!
Fish Scent Battle [VIDEO]
Fish Scent Battle [PODCAST]
- UNDERWATER SCENTS THAT ATTRACT & REPEL GAME FISH (RESEARCH RESULTS)
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
Here’s a timestamped table of contents from our trip testing out these two scents:
0:00 – Luke kicks it off with a nice snook… almost.
0:23 – How we’ve structured this new test comparing Pro-Cure vs. another secret scent we’re testing out
4:00 – Whether or not putting scent on your lures helps
6:42 – Dock etiquette and other things to look out for
7:40 – We’re surprised to run into a special guest!
9:28 – How to fish docks right after a cold front
13:55 – The underrated skill you need to be good at dock fishing
17:10 – The story behind this secret new scent
20:14 – The scoop behind this Brazilian shrimp lure
22:19 – Why different lures do better in deeper water
23:58 – How to retrieve your lure when fishing docks
35:54 – Day 1 testing summed up
What a butt whooping!
Sometimes it’s just not your day, right?
But hey, good thing thing Luke was on fire so we could get some results with this test.
Here’s what we learned:
- The new juice won 5 to 4, and it got the biggest fish of the day. There’s still lots of testing to be done here, but it’s an interesting start.
- You HAVE to get your lures to the bottom when you’re fishing deeper water in the cold. Since I couldn’t get my lure to the bottom (I should’ve used a heavier jig head), I didn’t catch any fish.
- Fish LOVE the new Power Prawn. Be on the lookout because this is coming soon!
What are your thoughts on putting scent on your lures?
Do you do it? Do you think it works?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who needs to see this video, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: