When To Use & When To Avoid Suspending Hard Bait Lures
Do you want to learn more about when to use suspending hard bait fishing lures?
How do you know when the conditions are best for this type of presentation?
Suspending hard baits are an excellent lure for catching all sorts of species from redfish to snook to tarpon!
But when are the best times of year to use these types of lures?
If you want to catch more fish using suspending twitch baits, then check this out!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Check it all out below!!!
When To Use & When To Avoid Suspending Hard Bait Lures [PODCAST]
- SWIMBAIT, CRANKBAIT, JERKBAIT, & TWITCHBAIT (WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?)
- THE TOP 5 FISHING LURES OF ALL TIME (INSHORE EDITION)
We covered a lot in this podcast, so here is a timestamped version:
- 1:55 – Best times to use Suspending Hard Baits
- 4:03 – Evolution of Hard Baits
- 6:04 – Advantages of Hard Baits
- 7:28 – Feeding trends effect on lure choice
- 10:04 – Different brands of suspending hard baits & plugs
- 14:34 – What to look for when choosing to use suspending hard baits
- 16:38 – Retrieval and presentation tips
- 20:20 – Underwater evidence
- 24:29 – Timing of drop rate or suspension
- 27:51 – When you should use suspending hard plugs
- 34:24 – When NOT to use suspending hard plugs
- 39:17 – If you had to choose one type of suspending hard bait, which one would it be?
- 45:31 – MirrOdine lures
- 48:20 – Fishing rod Deflection Graph
When To Use & When To Avoid Suspending Hard Bait Lures [VIDEO]
- Justin’s Favorite Suspending Hard Bait: MirrOlure MirrOdine 17MR
- Wyatt’s Favorite Suspending Hard Bait: Paul Brown Fat Boy (Corky)
Suspending hard baits are a great alternative to soft plastic lures when used in the right setting and under the correct conditions.
If you want to explore the entire water column and present a slower bait just beneath the surface, a suspending bait might be the way to go!
Be sure to know what water depth you are fishing in and how the fish are feeding given the time of year!
Do you have any further questions on suspending hard baits?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants to learn more about suspending hard baits, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: