“The Snook Book” Review (How To Guarantee You’ll Catch More Snook)
There are three things you can do right now if you want to guarantee you’ll catch more snook.
The first is to read “The Snook Book.”
“The Snook Book” could easily be the best book on snook fishing ever written.
Fishing author Frank Sargeant is known as one of the top authorities on snook, redfish, trout, and tarpon.
Not only does he have some of the top-selling books on those species, but his books are jam-packed full of great tactics and evergreen tips.
In this podcast, Luke and I break down some of our favorite chapters in Frank’s “Snook Book.”
The Snook Book Review [VIDEO]
The Snook Book Review [PODCAST]
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
- THE ULTIMATE PRE-TRIP PLANNING BLUEPRINT (USING ONLINE MAPS)
Here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 0:28 – The fishing principle you MUST know
- 2:01 – Start with the 90/10 rule
- 3:35 – Where to find snook
- 4:38 – Used NOAA charts, now you have Smart Fishing Tides!
- 5:06 – Blueprint for finding snook and tides to fish
- 6:15 – Concepts are the same, the technology has evolved
- 6:52 – Current, structure, baitfish = recipe for success
- 7:30 – The one thing to look for to find snook
- 9:40 – Easiest way to catch snook (best baits)
- 10:40 – Trick to keep your bait fresh
- 11:39 – Free line your shrimp to catch trophy snook
- 13:14 – The chapter on casting, it’s a must-read!
- 14:29 – Snook are super structure oriented
- 15:23 – Where and when to wade fish for snook
- 17:02 – One bait that a snook will never turn down
- 19:08 – Spooling your reel with braid (how much & what #)
- 20:49 – Beach fishing for snook
- 21:54 – Snook feed at this time in the surf
- 24:18 – A big mistake made when fishing for snook off the beach
- 26:30 – Snook in really shallow water are doing this
- 27:49 – Moon phases and what this tells you
- 29:34 – Topwater and night fishing for snook
- 32:53 – Here are the 3 things you can do to catch more snook right now:
If you like catching snook a.k.a. bass on steroids, then definitely check out this book!
Although it was written a while ago, these tactics are evergreen.
Have you read this book yet?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who is passionate about catching snook, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
- STRIKE SPOTS: NEW TOOL THAT PREDICTS INSHORE FEEDING ZONES
- HOW TO QUICKLY FIND INSHORE FISHING SPOTS (BASED ON TIDES & WIND)
- TOP 3 TIPS FOR TARGETING SNOOK ON TOPWATER LURES
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commissions from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: