This Hook Makes Rigging Z-Man Lures Super Easy
By: Tony Acevedo on August 29, 2019
Do you use Z-Man lures?
If you do, you might want to try rigging them with ChinlockZ hooks.
They’re great for rigging them weedless (so you can avoid getting snagged) and come in a variety of sizes to fit whatever size lure you’re using.
However, there are some drawbacks to these hooks as well.
Check out the video below to see:
- When to use these hooks
- When NOT to use these hooks
- How to rig your lures with them to get more strikes
P.S. We’re not affiliated with TT Lures or any other company, so you can be sure that this is a completely unbiased review.
ChinlockZ Hook Review [VIDEO]
- Mustad Grip Pin Hook Review [Top Pros, Cons & Rigging Video]
- The Best Loop Knot For Fluorocarbon Leader To Lure or Hook [Knot Contest]
When To Use ChinlockZ Hooks
I mostly use these hooks when I’m fishing in water four feet deep or less.
My two favorite sizes have been the 3/0 1/12 oz hook and the 4/0 1/6 or 1/8 oz hook.
I like the 3/0 when I’m using lures 3-4″ long, and the 4/0 when I’m using lures 4.5-6″ long.
One thing to keep in mind when using these hooks is that they work best with Z-Man lures.
Z-Man makes their lures out of a stretchier material than other soft plastic brands, such as Zoom or Gulp, so they have no problem stretching over the weight or keeper on the hook.
On the other hand, other brands tend to tear apart more easily when they’re stretched over the weight and keeper, so they don’t work as well with this hook.
If you are using only Z-Man lures, I’d definitely recommend this hook, but if you use other brands as well throughout the day, I’d recommend a hook like the Owner TwistLock hook.
If you use a lot of Z-Man lures and want a hook that can help you easily rig them weedless, I’d recommend trying out the ChinlockZ hooks.
However, if you use other brands a lot, I’d recommend going with the Owner TwistLock Hook since ChinlockZ aren’t as compatible with brands besides Z-Man.
Have any questions about using these hooks?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who loves using Z-Man lures, TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want the best fishing spots, discounts on fishing gear, and tips on what and where the fish are biting now? Join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
- How To Rig Z-Man Lures For More Strikes
- How To Catch More Redfish, Snook, & Grouper With Just ONE Lure
- The Secret To Rigging Z-Man Lures On Owner TwistLock Hooks
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commission from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?