How To Add Rattles To Soft Plastics For More Strikes
By: Tony Acevedo on August 28, 2019
Are you looking to gain a little edge when you’re inshore fishing?
Do you fish at night, or in dark or murky water?
Then you might want to consider adding rattles to your soft plastics.
It’s quick, easy, and is a great little trick to have up your sleeve!
When fish can’t see well, such as at night or in dark or murky water, they rely on other senses, such as hearing or feeling vibrations in the water to track down their food.
So when you add rattles to your soft plastic, it makes it much more likely that it’ll catch a fish’s attention in these situations.
The problem is, it can be tricky to put these rattles in your lure while still allowing for its normal action in the water.
In this video, I’ll share with you exactly how to insert rattles into your plastic lure, plus I’ll reveal a secret ninja trick I use that helps these rattles stay inside Z-Man lures.
You can watch this video below.
How To Add Rattles To Soft Plastics [VIDEO]
Adding rattles to your soft plastics can be great if you fish in tough-to-see conditions, such as at night, or in dark or murky water.
And when you’re adding rattles to your soft plastics, keep these two things in mind:
- Insert the rattle close to the head or the middle of the body and make sure it doesn’t interfere with your normal rigging
- Make sure the plastic forms back behind the rattle and holds it in (otherwise you’ll lose your rattle!)
Have any questions about using rattles in soft plastics?
Let me know in the comments below!
And if you know someone who would like to have this extra edge, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want the best fishing spots and updates on what and where the fish are biting now? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).