The Redfish Assassin: Redfish Tournaments, Favorite Lures & More!
Imagine you’re fishing in your first tournament…
You’re a little nervous, but mostly excited…
You’re fishing against guys you look up to…
And to top it off, there are thunderstorms all around.
But then you win FIRST PLACE!
Can you imagine how that would feel?
Well, that’s exactly what happened to today’s guest, Kalon Johnson, aka the Redfish Assassin.
He’s a redfish tournament angler from Louisiana and he hasn’t slowed down since winning his first tournament.
In this episode, he’s sharing tons of his secrets, including:
- Why he prefers artificial lures over live bait
- His favorite lures to use in each season (and why they’re effective)
- How long he stays in a spot if he’s not getting bites
- The difference between fishing spots vs. fishing trends
- Why having a network is important (and what to ask them…hint: it’s not asking for their spots!)
Meet The Redfish Assassin [PODCAST]
- How To Catch An Inshore Slam Under Pressure
- Snook Fishing Tips With The Captain Who’s Landed Over 300,000 Snook!
- The #1 Saltwater Fishing Lure Of All Time
In case you were wondering how he did in his most recent tournament, he took 2nd place!
This guy is consistently finishing near the top, which as he said in the podcast, is 100% skill.
Hope you enjoyed that episode!
I enjoyed learning some of Kalon’s redfish strategies, and I especially loved hearing how important his mindset is during a tournament.
If you want to keep up with him you can do so at the links below:
Have any questions about redfish tournaments or just catching redfish in general?
Let us know in the comments below!
And be sure to TAG or SHARE this with someone who wants to catch more redfish!
P.S. Want more in-depth tips, local fishing spots, and access to exclusive fishing lures and gear? Join us in the Insider Club!
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: