The Salt Strong Inshore Fishing Tackle Index (Best Value & Performance Gear)
We have secretly been creating a tackle index (similar to the Dow Jones 500 Index) revealing all of the best value fishing tackle for inshore saltwater fishing.
We’ll cover everything from:
- The best value inshore fishing reel
- The best value inshore fishing rod
- The best value inshore swimbaits
- The best value inshore braided line
- The best value inshore leader line
- The best value inshore topwater lure
- The best value inshore hooks
- And a WHOLE lot more.
Join us on one of our most in-depth tackle podcasts yet!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Salt Strong Inshore Fishing Tackle Index [VIDEO]
Salt Strong Inshore Fishing Tackle Index [PODCAST]
- SALTWATER FISHING TACKLE MISTAKES: A GUIDE FOR NEWBIES
- WHY MANY OF THE MOST REALISTIC SALTWATER LURES DON’T WORK…
Here’s a timestamped table of contents:
- 1:02 – The Salt Strong Fishing Gear Index
- 2:19 – The first edition because this will be ever-changing
- 2:27 – KISS (Keep it simple, specialist)
- 3:50 – Do you want an index for ALL types of saltwater fishing?
- 4:18 – The best value inshore fishing rod (Yes, the balcony snook rod)
- 6:37 – The best value spinning reel
- 11:36 – The best value braided line
- 12:13 – The best value leader line
- 13:20 – Mono vs Fluoro
- 17:01 – The best value paddletail
- 20:27 – The best value jerk bait
- 22:25 – The best value shrimp bait
- 24:10 – The story of Brazil and why you should never buy pre-rigged baits
- 26:37 – The best value topwater
- 28:31 – The best value suspending twitch bait
- 30:32 – The best value weighted hook
- 33:35 – The best value jig head
- 35:09 – The best value weedless jig head
- 38:14 – The best value spoon
- 39:38 – The best value bucktail
- 41:06 – The best value circle hook
- 42:23 – The best value big circle hook
- 43:12 – The best value sunglasses
- 46:21 – The best value pliers
- 48:23 – The best value scissors
- 49:37 – The best value tackle box
- 51:48 – The best value popping corks
- 56:02 – The BEST fishing club in America (Join the Salt Strong Insider Club here!)
Here’s the full Salt Strong Inshore Fishing Tackle Index:
- TFOTFG Professional Spinning Rods, 7’6″ Medium – best-value inshore spinning rod
- Daiwa Fuego LT, 2500D-XH – best-value inshore spinning reel
- PowerPro Braid, 10# – best braided line
- Ande Premium Monofilament Leader, 20# – best monofilament leader
- Berkley Vanish® Leader Material, 20# – best fluorocarbon leader
- Slam Shady Paddletails 2.0 – best paddletial lure
- Alabama Leprechaun Jerk Bait – best jerk bait
- Power Prawn ‘Brazilian Shrimp’ – best shrimp lure
- Heddon Super Spook Jr., Bone – best topwater lure
- MirrOdine Suspending Twitchbait, 17MR-18 – best twitchbait
- Owner Weighted TwistLock Hooks, 3/0 – 1/8 oz – best weighted hook
- Z-Man Trout Eye Jighead, 1/4 oz Glow – best jig head
- Z-Man Texas Eye Jighead, 3/16 oz Pearl – best weedless jig head
- Johnson Silver Minnow, 1/4 oz Gold – best weedless spoon
- SPRO Bucktail Jigs, 1/4 oz White – best bucktail jig
- Owner Mutu Light Circle Hooks, Small Live Bait, 2/0 – best circle hook for small live bait
- Mutu Light – Owner Hooks, Large Live Bait or Cut Bait – best circle hook for large live or cut bait
- Smith Optics Guide’s Choice Polarized Sunglasses, Chromapop Bronze – best sunglasses for inshore fishing
- Danco Sports (dancopliers.com) – best pliers for fishing
- Braid Cutting ‘Split Ring’ Scissors – best scissors and split ring pliers for fishing
- Plano Waterproof StowAway Utility Box – best tackle tray
- Live Bait Removable Float – best removable float
- Bomber Saltwater Grade Paradise Popper X-Treme – best wire popper
- Blackout Chum Powder – best chum powder
- Battle Rattles – best lure rattles
- Dr. Juice Saltwater Slam Scent – best inshore saltwater scent
This list is going to change over time, especially as we continue to design our own tackle.
But for now, this is the most comprehensive inshore fishing tackle index for the best value gear on the market.
We’ve tested it.
We’re not sponsored by any of these companies.
And so far, it’s the best of the best (for the value-based angler).
Is your tackle on this list?
Have any questions about these tackle items?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants the best chance to get tight lines, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
- HOW TO PROPERLY PAIR YOUR INSHORE SPINNING ROD & REEL
- SLAM SHADY VS. ALABAMA LEPRECHAUN: BEST TIMES TO USE EACH LURE
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST POPPING CORK (AND LURE) FOR EVERY CONDITION
Disclaimer: When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn affiliate commissions from places like Amazon, Bass Pro, Tackle Warehouse, etc. It’s one more way we can help you quickly find the best deals on the web while making sure we’re still around to serve you for years to come (and you do want us to be around to help you catch fish for many more years, right)?
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: