Cold Weather Tactics: Where, When, & How To Locate Fish
Winter is coming.
With the weather bringing in more cold fronts, what are some cold weather fishing tactics?
In this video, we break down how we approach fishing when the colder weather comes through in the fall and winter.
In this new tea time, you’ll learn:
- The best tips for cold weather saltwater fishing
- Best lures for cold weather fishing
- How to fish with the conditions
- And much more!!!
Check it out below!
Cold Weather Tactics [VIDEO]
We covered a ton of information so here’s a timestamped version:
- 0:50 – Justin’s top 3 tips for cold weather saltwater fishing
- 2:42 – Wyatt’s top 3 tips for cold weather saltwater fishing
- 3:37 – Fishing the bottom
- 6:54 – Universal wintertime lure
- 7:40 – Downsizing your presentation
- 8:36 – Power Prawn Jr. versatility
- 10:15 – Crustacean presentations in wintertime
- 11:40 – Wind protection (Planning around the wind)
- 15:14 – Casting with the wind
- 16:19 – Is it more important to account for the wind or current when casting?
- 19:39 – Slowing down in the winter
- 20:44 – Reeling speeds
- 22:01 – MirrOlure Suspending Twitchbaits
- 25:46 – Altering the Paul Brown Corky Twitchbait
- 26:46 – Staying in the strike zone as long as possible
- 27:19 – Outgoing tides and creek mouths
- 31:34 – Tide swings and water levels in winter
- 32:10 – Negative tides
- 33:09 – Deep holes and cuts
- 37:51 – Fishing is a math equation
The onset of fall and winter bring cold weather and different fish behavior patterns that can be an obstacle for anglers.
This doesn’t mean you won’t catch fish, but rather you need to shift your thinking a bit and change up your preparation for the colder seasons.
Be sure to take into account the conditions around you and reflect back on this tea time when out on the water this winter!
Have any questions about fishing in colder weather?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you know an angler who wants to learn more about fishing in fall and winter, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: