Best Winter Lures (For Redfish, Speckled Trout, Snook, & Flounder)
Want to know what the best lures to catch redfish, trout, snook, and flounder in the winter are?
This is an important topic because if you use the same lures and tactics as you do in the spring, summer, or fall, chances are you’re missing out on a ton of fish.
When the water gets cold, fish get lethargic and stay on the bottom, so you need to get your lures down there and present them to the fish in a way that makes them want to strike.
In this video, I’ve got the Salt Strong Fishing Coaches with me sharing their favorite wintertime fishing lures and how to use them.
- Which classic lures still work great today
- Which new lures are on fire right now (and which ones aren’t worth the hype)
- What size lures and jig heads work best in the winter
- How to fish docks in the winter to catch inshore slams
- And much more
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I recommend since we show some of the lures we like), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Best Winter Saltwater Lures [VIDEO]
Best Winter Saltwater Lures [PODCAST]
- HOW TO FIND 90% OF ALL FEEDING FISH IN YOUR AREA (90/10 FISHING RULE)
- UNIQUE REDFISH & TROUT RIGS (THAT ARE UNDERRATED BUT WORK GREAT)
Here’s a timestamped table of contents from my conversation with the Salt Strong Fishing Coaches about the best winter fishing lures:
1:04 – Luke’s definition of “winter fishing”
1:24 – Luke’s go-to winter fishing lure
2:28 – Wyatt’s go-to winter fishing lure
4:56 – What size jig heads to use in the winter
6:32 – Tony’s go-to winter fishing lure
- Get the Owner TwistLock Hook here
- Get the Alabama Leprechaun here
- THE SECRET TO RIGGING Z-MAN LURES ON OWNER TWISTLOCK HOOKS
10:22 – How to fish docks in winter
12:35 – Using Gulp shrimp in the winter
15:20 – How to catch big fish with the Power Prawn
(P.S. These lures just came in! You can get them here [Insiders only])
18:18 – What else to consider when choosing jig heads
20:48 – What size shrimp lures to use for big fish
23:26 – Customizing fishing lures by adding rattles (and when NOT to do it)
26:23 – Whether or not segmented tails work well in shrimp lures
28:45 – Why we started the Insider Club (and how it helps people catch fish fast)
Luke and I both used to think that fish just didn’t bite during the winter…
But it’s not true!
Winter is now one of our favorite times to catch fish because when you find them, it’s on like Donkey Kong.
And if you want to give yourself the best chance at getting them to bite, here are our Salt Strong Fishing Coaches’ favorite lures:
- Paddletail (especially the Slam Shady)
- Shrimp lure (like the Gulp shrimp or Power Prawn)
- Jerk shad (if you’re sight fishing clear, shallow water, it’s tough to beat the Alabama Leprechaun)
What’s your favorite winter fishing lure?
Have any questions about the lures mentioned on this podcast?
Let me know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants to catch more fish this winter, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: