Inshore Saltwater Fishing Leader Line Mistakes
What are the most common inshore saltwater fishing leader line mistakes anglers make?
What errors could YOU be making when assembling your leader line?
A leader is extremely important to an inshore saltwater angler because it could mean the difference between getting broken off or reeling in that big fish!
What does the perfect leader line look like?
We’ve got it all covered below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Check it all out below!!!
Fishing Leader Line Mistakes [PODCAST]
- FISHING LINE COLORS: BEST COLORS, WORST COLORS, & FISHING LINE MISTAKES
- THE GREAT FISHING LINE DEBATE (BRAID VS MONO VS FLUORO)
- SALTWATER FISHING KNOTS 101
Here is a timestamped version:
- 2:36 – Common leader line mistakes
- 3:14 – Leader line underwater
- 4:08 – Leader sizes based on target species
- 5:40 – Fishing around structure, jetties, or docks
- 6:59 – Advantages of monofilament around structure
- 7:19 – NEVER reel your knot connecting the leader and braid through the guides of the rod
- 8:41 – Average leader length
- 11:44 – Popular knots to use for assembling a leader
- 13:53 – Storebought leader rigs
- 14:55 – The TRUTH behind swivels
- 16:59 – Steel leaders
- 17:41 – Fishing without a leader line
- 20:45 – Monofilament VS. Fluorocarbon
- 30:36 – The Dirty Deeks Leader
- 34:03 – Proper leader lengths
- 35:28 – Test your knots!
- 37:04 – Precautions for fishing around structure
- 38:44 – How often do you change out your leader?
- 41:44 – Common mistakes with the FG Knot
Fishing Leader Line Mistakes [VIDEO]
Leader line strengthens the connection between your lure and mainlines and also prevents break-offs and damage.
If you choose not to tie a leader on the end of your line, you could risk losing out on some big fish!!
Be sure to use the proper leader for the type of fishing you are doing!!
Do you have any more questions on fishing leader line mistakes?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants to learn more about fishing leader line mistakes, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. – Want to make explosive, perfect, and masterful casts with your spinning rod, to reach the trophy fish that have no idea you are there… to cast like the pros, all while using less effort than ever before? Check out Casting Mastery.
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: