Best Fishing Tips Of The Week: Salt Strong Newsletter (July 7, 2019)
By: Joseph Simonds on July 5, 2019
I hope you had a great Independence Day as we celebrated our freedom and remembered those who’ve allowed us this incredible opportunity.
A few weeks ago in a podcast with Sid Dobrin, he talked about how fishing is a privilege, not a right.
Many other countries don’t have the luxury of fishing for fun (or at all), and as we celebrated our freedom this past weekend I was reminded of how thankful I am for this privilege.
But just because fishing is a privilege, doesn’t mean it’s easy!
If you want to step up your fishing game and catch more fish, check out the tips below.
We have the Insider tips (separated by membership level), the public tips, the Salt Strong podcast, some conservation tips, and then we’re finishing it off with a shoutout to the new Insiders this month.
But first, a little backstory on the image above…
That’s Chris Severt, one of our VIP members, who shared this picture with a nice flounder in a report from Hampstead, NC.
It was caught along a marsh line on a jerk shad, and put up a good fight on his 2000 medium-light setup.
Alrighty, on to the newsletter!
Pro & VIP Only
- Summertime Trend Confirmation While Seine Netting With FWC [Redfish & Snook Spots]
- Day Saving Strategy for Warm Murky Water Conditions [On the Water Report + Map Analysis]
- Narrowing Down Spot Selection for Quick Productive Trips [On the Water Trip Report w/ Map Analysis]
- Summertime Redfish Strategies [Port O’ Connor, TX Spot Dissection + Tips]
Basic, Pro & VIP
- [Insider Q & A] Pro Tips for Reducing Braided Line Issues
- Spots vs. Trends: How to Become a More Productive Angler
- This Is How The Pros Pick Out The Perfect Offshore Reel (VIDEO)
Want to unlock these exclusive Insider tips? Check out our Insider Club here.
- Before You Go Saltwater Fishing, WATCH THIS…
- How To Get Your Wife To Love Fishing As Much As You Do
- The Best Overall Fishing Hook (That Works For All The Top Inshore Lures)
- How To Catch Mahi Mahi In The Gulf Of Mexico
- 3 Best Ways To Rig Gulp Shrimp (And When To Use Each Method)
- When To Use A Loop Knot vs. A Split Ring With Fishing Lures (VIDEO)
- This Is How You Get Your Wife To Love Fishing As Much As You
- The Father & Son Redfish Team (The Whole World Is Talking About)
- Snook And Pinfish Heaven (What An Experience)!
- Meet The Chip And Joanna Gaines Of Fishing (MidAtlantic Fishing, Wintertime Tips, Redfish)
- The Best Catch & Release Techniques (Backed By Science)
- How To Properly Catch & Release Inshore Fish (Without Killing Them)
- The Complete Guide To Catch, Photo, & Release Fishing
- The Truth About Leaving A Fishing Lure In A Fish’s Mouth
Welcome New Insider Members!
Here’s to recognizing and thanking our new Insider Members for the month of July!
Want to get on this list (and catch more fish)? Join our Insider Club here.
Carroll Quarles from Livingston, TX
Nicholaus Batey from Savannah, GA
Max Polo from Miami, FL
Rob Pittman from Milton, FL
William Hudson from Loudon, TN
Ann Snyder from Tampa, FL
JEFF HICKS from Winter Garden, FL
Joel Ballantyne from Cumming, GA
Jakob Hellard from King, NC
Jean-Paul Swilley from Madison, GA
Kevin Kennedy from Naples, FL
Ed Kershaw from Palm Harbor, FL
Richard Nelson from St. Petersburg, FL
Michael Strharsky from Bradenton, FL
James DeLoach from Port Isabel, TX
Larry McElheran from Cape coral, FL
Matt Trawick from SANTA ROSA BEACH, FL
John King from Zephyrhills, FL
Karla Smith from Bentonville , AR
Kimberly Selner from Lutz, FL
Ryan Murphy from St Augustine, FL
Keith Fields from Jacksonville, FL
Sarah Hiers from Delray Beach, FL
Mark Shelnutt from Ocala, FL
JOHN NESTOR from Saint Petersburg, FL
Lyndon Cook from Adkins, TX
Richard Marchman from Apollo beach, FL
Travis Robinson from Ormond Beach, FL
Brian Smith from Vero Beach , FL
Frank Faver from Ocala, FL
Adam Williamson from Tampa, FL
Robert Wills from Ruskin, FL
Patrick OBrien from Cape Coral, FL
Troy Squires from Jacksonville, FL
David Loomis from Ayden, NC
Dennis Aust from Bokeelia, FL
Josh Hall from Gainesville , FL
Nathaniel Baker from Austin, TX
Jay Wright from Windermere, FL
Jared Arnold from Winter Park, FL
LELAND WATSON from Houston, TX
Robert Blackwell from Lexington, SC
Dennis Gregoris from Port Charlotte , FL
David Cass from Red Bank, TN
Jason Tetzlaff from Panama City Beach, FL
Larry Swinney from SAN MARCOS, TX
Neil Casey from Brandon, FL
Robert Johnsen from Port St Lucie, Fl
Don Doyle from FOLLY BEACH, SC
Michael Reilly from Augusta, GA
Tyler Flesch from Mt. Pleasant , SC
Sean Flinn from Navarre, FL
Walter Nischt from Cape Coral, FL
Sean Deeran from Holiday, FL
David McIntosh from WEST PALM BEACH, FL
Keith Wohltman from MARCO ISLAND, FL
Robert Sawyer from Orlando, FL
Edwin Stephens from Pompeo Bch, FL
Aaron Kern from El Dorado, AR
John Murray from Gibsonton , FL
Devin Kanady from Charleston, SC
Andrew Draybuck from Tampa, FL
Michael Bailey from Hudson, FL
Gerry Walker from Tallahassee, FL
Michael Kern from Navajo Dam, NM
Jason Battin from Port Charlotte, FL
Jacob Schrock from North Port, FL
Ryan Emerson from Mt pleasant, SC
Matthew Hale from Tampa, FL
Brian Savage from Palm Harbor, FL
Richard Larsen from Ridge, NY
Thad Terry Jr from Cocoa, FL
Hunter Vetzel from Lutz, FL
Anthony Lembo from Madeira Beach, FL
Doug Russell from Fernandina Beach, FL
James Sullivan from Bradenton, FL
Chris Barnes from Lexington, KY
Bill Clutter from Ft Lauderdale, FL
Brandon Byrns from Florence, TX
Andres Marquez from Port St. Lucie , FL
What was your favorite tip from this past week?
Have any specific tips you want us to film?
Let us know in the comments below!
P.S. Want to catch more fish faster than you could ever imagine? Join our Insider Club here.
Do You Want To Quickly Find New Fishing Spots In Your Area?
Then you’ve got to see this private fishing club!
Here’s what you’ll receive today:
- Weekly fishing reports and TRENDS revealing where the inshore fish are feeding all year long
- Weekly “spot dissection” videos that walk you through all the best spots in certain areas
- Exclusive fishing tips from the PROS you can’t find anywhere else
- Everything you need to start catching fish more consistently (regardless if you fish out of a boat, kayak, or land).