How To Trigger Strikes From Spooky Fish
How can you increase strikes from spooked fish?
If the fish are finicky and skittish, what techniques can you utilize to trigger strikes?
There are so many little nuances and tricks you can use to catch those spooky fish!
What factors come into play that scare fish off and how can you improve that to increase strikes?
We’ve got it all covered below!
You can watch the video version of this podcast below (which I highly recommend), listen to the audio version by clicking the play button underneath it, or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Check it all out below!!!
How To Catch Spooky Fish [PODCAST]
- HOW TO FIND NEW INSHORE SPOTS (ON TOUGH, WINDY DAYS)
- BEST FISHING LURE SIZE (FOR DIFFERENT DEPTHS, SEASONS, ETC)
Here is a timestamped version:
- 3:51 – Challenges of sight fishing for finicky fish
- 7:18 – Changes you can make to your line or lures
- 8:26 – Dirty Deeks Leader Trick & leader options
- 12:20 – Effect of different pound tests of monofilament
- 15:07 – How to choose the proper line & leader
- 16:19 – Importance of your fishing knots
- 16:48 – Fishing in deeper water
- 19:16 – Retrieval techniques
- 26:25 – How long should you focus on ONE fish or a school of fish?
- 32:03 – Does the color of your line have an impact on finicky fish?
- 33:37 – Live bait VS. artificial lures
- 37:41 – Tackle selection and lures
- 41:04 – Slam Shady Jerk Shad
- 44:29 – Stealth of wade fishing
How To Catch Spooky Fish [VIDEO]
Especially during the colder months, fish can be skittish and easily spooked off by you, your lure, or even their own shadow!
Be sure to utilize as much stealth as you can and equip yourself with the proper gear to catch these spooky fish this time of the year.
Keep in mind that further casts will benefit you than shorter casts because if you can see a fish, odds are it can see you too!!
Do you have any more questions on how to catch spooky fish?
Let us know down in the comments!
And if you know someone who wants to learn more about how to catch spooky fish, please TAG or SHARE this with them!
P.S. Want access to our best fishing spots and tips, plus discounts to our online tackle store? Click here to join us in the Insider Club!
STOP WASTING TIME ON THE WATER!
Do what the “SMART ANGLERS” are doing and join the Insider Club.
Here’s what you’ll receive today when you join: